Autonomy is part of Ace Records’ ongoing Producer Series and celebrates the work of Martin Rushent.
Curated by broadcaster Gary Crowley, the 19-track compilation works it way through his productions in the post-punk era for bands such as The Stranglers, XTC, The Buzzcocks and Generation X before moving into the synth-pop era with the likes of The Human League, Altered Images and Hazel O’Connor.
This is a CD release and the booklet offers Crowley’s sleeve notes, quotes from many musicians and producers who worked with Rushent along with poignant memories penned by his children, along with some candid photos that show Rushent inside and outside his beloved studio habitat.
Autonomy: The Productions of Martin Rushent will be released on 28 July 2023 via Ace.
Compare prices and pre-order
Autonomy - The Productions of Martin Rushent - CD
Autonomy: The Productions of Martin Rushent Various Artists /
- (Get A) Grip [On Yourself] – The Stranglers
- Autonomy – Buzzcocks
- Kiss Me Deadly – Generation X
- Homicide – 999
- Destination Venus – The Rezillos
- Are You Receiving Me? – XTC
- Hold On – Ian Gomm
- Tonight – Rachel Sweet
- Guitar Beat – Raybeats
- Hard Times (Instrumental) – Human League
- I Could Be Happy (Martin Rushent Remix) – Altered Images
- A Way You’ll Never Be (12” Version) – Leisure Process
- Working Girl – The Members
- Steamhammer Sam – Intaferon
- Beneath The Blue Sky – Go Gos
- Don’t Touch Me – Hazel O’Connor
- Breakfast – The Associates
- Je Suis Passée (7” Version) – Hard Corps
- Big Sweep (Club Mix) (1985) – Then Jerico