Electronic debut album: 2CD deluxe
The debut album of Bernard Sumner and Johnny Marr’s collaboration Electronic is released as a 2CD deluxe edition on 8 April 2013.
This turn of the decade dance-pop project started with the sublime Getting Away With It single (itself a collaboration with the Pet Shop Boys) in 1989 and continued with the release of the album a full 18 months later, in May 1991. Two further singles, Get The Message and Feel Every Beat were also released.
This special edition eschews all the various remixes that were released on promos, US maxi-CD singles and 12-inch vinyl, and concentrates on B-sides, non-album tracks, instrumentals. For some reason, it also includes B-sides and edits of tracks that were released from other Electronic albums (e.g. the tracks Turning Point and Until The End Of Time). Given that this is supposed to be a special edition of the first album and not an general Electronic rarities collection or anthology, that seems rather bizarre to say the least.
Everything is newly remastered by Frank Arkwright, who worked on The Complete Smiths box set and the Blur 21 box set.
Leave a comment and let us know what you think of this new special edition.
- • UK Pre-order: Electronic (Special Edition)
- • USA Pre-order: Electronic (Special Edition)
- • CANADA Pre-order: Electronic (Special Edition)
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Electronic (Special Edition)
- 1. Idiot Country
- 2. Reality
- 3. Tighten Up
- 4. The Patience Of A Saint
- 5. Getting Away With It
- 6. Gangster
- 7. Soviet
- 8. Get The Message
- 9. Try All You Want
- 10. Some Distant Memory
- 11. Feel Every Beat
- 1. Disappointed (Stephen Hague 7” Inch Version)
- 2. Second To None (Edit) Previously unreleased
- 3. Lean To The Inside (Edit) Previously unreleased
- 4. Twisted Tenderness (Guitar / Vocal Mix) Previously unreleased
- 5. Idiot Country Two (12” Version)
- 6. Free Will (Edit) Previously unreleased
- 7. Until The End Of Time (Edit) Previously unreleased
- 8. Feel Every Beat (Edit) Previously unreleased
- 9. Getting Away With It (Instrumental)
- 10. Turning Point (Edit) b-side to ‘Second Nature’
- 11. Visit Me (Edit) Previously unreleased
- 12. Twisted Tenderness (Instrumental) Previously unreleased