Parlophone Label Group plan to follow up their David Bowie Five Years box this September with a set focused on the years 1974-1976, according to a man who photographed Bowie in the mid-1970s…
Although not officially confirmed, Steve Schapiro, who took pictures of David during this period, let this information slip in an interview with Flavorwire. Schapiro, whose photo book Bowie is about to be published by Powerhousebooks is quoted as having said:
“Warners is going to do a box set in September of a period from ’74 to ’76. Apparently Bowie [and a second person] chose the cover picture, which is mine.”
If the period is accurate, this next box set will feature the studio albums Diamond Dogs, Young Americans and Station to Station. David Live will also be in there and they may well repeat the Live at Nassau Coliseum double live album included with the 2010 Station to Station box set. Add to that a Re:Call 2 rarities set and you’re looking at possibly nine vinyl records. If this box isn’t called Golden Years, I will eat my very proverbial hat.
Bowie: Photographs by Steve Schapiro is out next week.
- • UK Pre-order: Bowie: Photographs by Steve Schapiro
- • USA Pre-order: Bowie Photographs by Steve Schapiro
- • CANADA Pre-order: Bowie Photographs by Steve Schapiro
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Bowie: Photographs by Steve Schapiro
- • FRANCE Pre-order: Bowie: Photographs by Steve Schapiro
- • ITALY Pre-order: Bowie: Photographs by Steve Schapiro