This September, The Stranglers will release Dark Matters their first studio album since 2012 and the first since their keyboard player Dave Greenfield died last year (a victim of COVID-19).
Greenfield himself features on eight of the album’s 11 tracks, which were made over the course of two years at the band’s studios in Somerset and in Southern France, produced by long-time collaborator Louie Nicastro.
Band members, JJ Burnel and Baz Warne completed Dark Matters remotely during lockdowns, adding to it the song ‘And If You Should See Dave…’ a contemplative, but uplifting a tribute to Greenfield.
If you pre-order via the official store, all orders come with an exclusive bonus CD titled Dave Greenfield – A Tribute. This features eight unreleased live recordings including two of the new tracks performed by Dave, live versions of four Stranglers songs that Dave sings on, and one of the last ever recordings of the band from their 2019 Japanese tour.
The Stranglers store also offers a red/black smoke vinyl edition, which like all the music products, includes the exclusive bonus CD.
Dark Matters is released on 10 September 2021.
Browse the official store or see highlights below
Dark Matters The Stranglers / new album
- This Song
- And If You Should See Dave…
- If Something’s Gonna Kill Me (It Might As Well Be Love)
- 5. No Man’s Land
- The Lines
- The Last Men On The Moon
- White Stallion
- Dead Ringer (from from Black & White 2016 UK Tour)
- Peasant In The Big Shitty (Live from Ruby Anniversary 2014 UK Tour)
- Walk On By (Live from TSUTAYA O-West, Tokyo, Japan 2019)
- Do You Wanna? (Live from Black & White 2016 UK Tour)
- Baroque Bordello (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
- 4 Horsemen (Live from March On 2015 UK Tour)
- This Song (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
- Water (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)