Relayer, the 1974 studio album from British prog rock band Yes, will be reissued in November as a massively expanded CD+Blu-ray set featuring a wealth of bonus material and a 5.1 remix from Steven Wilson.
This represents the third in the Yes reissue series (after Close to the Edge and The Yes Album) and like those releases Relayer will available as a CD+DVD-Audio set for fans who prefer that format. If you’ve bought the previous titles will know what to expect; the CD element features a brand new stereo mix and two promo single edits and the blu-ray boasts hi-res 5.1 surround sound (LPCM and DTS-MA 24/96), hi-res stereo mixes of both new and original stereo mixes.
The blu-ray features a massive amount of extras including a complete alternate album running order drawn from demos and studio run-throughs as well as additional demos, full album instrumental mixes, a full album needle-drop of an original UK A1/B1 vinyl pressing, singles edits, a live tracks and needle-drops of the banded tracks from the original US vinyl promo album.
It’s important to note that the CD+DVD-A version does not include the vinyl rips or instrumentals, so the blu-ray is certainly the more attractive of the formats.
The original artwork is expanded, restored and approved by Roger Dean and the CD+Blu-ray comes in mini-vinyl replica format with new sleeve notes by writer Sid Smith.
Relayer is reissued on 4 November 2014.
- • The album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson & is fully approved by Yes.
- • CD features a completely new stereo album mix by Steven Wilson
- • CD also features the two promo singles edits taken from the album
- • Blu-Ray features a new album mix in 5.1 LPCM Surround Sound & in DTS-HD MA 5.1 (24bit/96khz).
- • Blu-Ray also features new High Resolution Stereo mixes (24bit/96khz)
- • Blu-Ray also features the original album mix in High Resolution stereo (24bit/192khz).
- • Blu-Ray also features a complete alternate album running order drawn from demos & studio Run-throughs.
- • Blu-Ray exclusive features include additional demo/studio run-throughs, full album instrumental mixes, a full album needle-drop of an original UK A1/B1 vinyl pressing, singles edits, a live tracks & needle-drops of the banded tracks from the original US vinyl promo album.
- • Original artwork expanded, restored & approved by Roger Dean
- • Presented in a mini-vinyl replica format with new sleeve notes by writer Sid Smith.
- • Released to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the original edition.
- • a 5.1 DTS Mix and High Resolution Stereo mixes.
- • DVD-A players can, additionally, access a 5.1 Lossless audio mix (24bit 96khz).
- • the new album mix in high resolution stereo
- • the original album mix in a hi-res flat transfer from the original stereo master tape source.
- • numerous audio extras appear in high-resolution stereo including demos and studio run-throughs of album tracks making for an alternative version of Relayer.
- • original artwork expanded, restored and approved by Roger Dean.