SDE editor Paul Sinclair takes a first look at No 9 in the SDE Surround Series, Tears For Fears’ 1983 album The Hurting.
This physical product features FOUR exclusive versions of the album and two bonus tracks, as follows:
- A 2023 Dolby Atmos Mix of The Hurting (by Steven Wilson)
- A 2023 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Mix of The Hurting (by Steven Wilson)
- The 1983 mix of The Hurting in hi-res stereo as remastered by Miles Showell for the half-speed mastered vinyl
- A hi-res 2023 stereo instrumental mix of The Hurting (by Steven Wilson)
- A hi-res stereo remix of The Hurting (by Steven Wilson)
- Two previously unreleased bonus tracks: ‘Mad World’ (Mike Howlett Version) and ‘Watch Me Bleed’ (Mike Howlett Version). Both newly mixed to hi-res stereo by Steven Wilson.
This product is not available anywhere else. It is No.9 in the ongoing SDE Surround Series and ships with a collectible SDE slipcase.
The Hurting SDE-exclusive blu-ray is released on 9 June 2023. These are temporarily available again due to cancellations/contingency stock. Order while you can via the SDE shop using this link or via the buy button (‘pre-order’) below.
TECHNICAL NOTES: This blu-ray audio requires a blu-ray player. Decoding the Dolby Atmos mix requires a Dolby Atmos-certified soundbar or a Dolby Atmos-compatible AV Receiver/Amp. The Dolby Atmos mix will ‘fold down’ to 5.1 or stereo if a Dolby Atmos decoder is not detected.
EU SHIPPING NOTES: If you are ordering from the EU please be aware that that goods may be subject to import VAT when they arrive from the UK. The prices the SDE shop charge you do not include VAT
The Hurting Tears For Fears /
‘The Hurting’ in Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (96/24), stereo & Instrumental Mix (96/24) and original stereo mix
- The Hurting
- Mad World
- Pale Shelter
- Ideas As Opiates
- Memories Fade
- Suffer The Children
- Watch Me Bleed
- The Prisoner
- Start Of The Breakdown
Previously unreleased bonus tracks
- Mad World (Mike Howlett Version)
- Watch Me Bleed (Mike Howlett Version)