It has been a good week for US deals, and this continues today with XTC‘s 2015 CD+blu-ray reissue of Oranges & Lemons available for a crazy price!
Regular SDE readers will already know that XTC put together some of the very best reissues out there, and even at standard price points they are a bargain. So this deluxe edition of the 1989 – which features a Steven Wilson 5.1 mix, a brand new stereo mix, hi-res stereo instrumentals, demos, rehearsals, single mixes, promo films and more – is a total giveaway at its discounted price of $12.92. That’s less than £10!
If you are wondering, the blu-ray has no region restrictions.
Compare prices and pre-order
Oranges & Lemons [CD + BluRay]
This set contains:
The CD contains a brand new Steven Wilson stereo mix while blu-ray (no region restrictions, NTSC) offers a hi-res (24bit/96kHz) flat-transfer of the original mix of the album as well as the following content:
- Oranges and Lemons 5.1 Surround mix in 24bit/96kHz available in LPCM and DTS HD-MA
- A new stereo album mix in24bit/96kHz LPCM audio
- Instrumental versions of all new stereo mixes in 24bit/96kHz LPCM audio
- Two separate sets of demo & work tape sessions showing the evolution of the album & associated recordings
- A set of pre-recording rehearsals, promos & ID links for radio stations & record companies
- A collection of single mixes & XTC’s version of Captain Beefheart’s ‘Ella Guru’
- Promo films for The Mayor of Simpleton (three versions), King for a Day & The Road to Oranges & Lemons; rarely seen home-made film by the band explaining the album to Geffen Records USA.