The Clash / Box sets and “Hits Back”
If the mammoth 12-disc career-spanning Sound System Clash box set is not on your shopping list this autumn, the good news is there are plenty of other Clash releases open to you, if you are interested in the new remastered audio.
The 5 Studio Albums box set collects all five of the band’s studio long-players in their original formatting, with vinyl replica packaging, collected together in a box set designed by the band. In total eight CDs in this set.
If vinyl is your thing, then the 5 Studio Albums box is also available as an 8LP set. Same remastered audio and packaging, just, er, bigger and heavier.
The Clash Hits Back is a new greatest hits, but before you all groan, there is at least some thought that has gone into it. The 32-track, two-disc compilation is sequenced to copy the set played by the band at the Brixton Fair Deal (now the Brixton Academy) on 19 July 1982. So The Clash Hits Back does have an element of historical significance and features the best studio recordings of the full set, plus eight additional tracks. It comes with the original setlist, handwritten by Joe Strummer. It is available on VINYL (3LP) or as a 2CD set.
The Sound System box set, the 5 Studio Albums box and The Clash Hits Back are all released on 9 September 2013.
Sound System box
- • UK Pre-order: Sound System
- • US Pre-order: Sound System
- • CANADA Pre-order: Soundsystem
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Sound System
5 Studio Albums CD box
- • UK Pre-order: The Clash 5 Studio Albums Box Set
- • USA Pre-order: 5 Album Studio Albums Box Set
- • CANADA Pre-order: 5 Studio Album CD Set
- • GERMANY Pre-order: 5 Studio Album CD Set
5 Studio Albums Vinyl box
The Clash Hits Back 2CD
- • UK Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back
- • USA Pre-order: Hits Back (2-CD Set)
- • CANADA Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back
- • GERMANY Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back
The Clash Hits Back 3LP Vinyl
- • UK Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back [VINYL]
- • CANADA Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back (Vinyl)
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Hits Back [Vinyl LP]