Japan / Exorcising Ghosts
Classic compilation reissued on half-speed mastered vinyl
Japan’s 1984 compilation Exorcising Ghosts will be reissued as a half-speed mastered 2LP vinyl set, in October.
The album was compiled and produced in consultation with lead singer David Sylvian, two years after Japan dissolved. It features three recordings from the band’s early career on the Hansa Records label (including 1979’s ‘Quiet Life’) but largely focuses on material from their two studio albums on Virgin Records; Gentlemen Take Polaroids (1980) and Tin Drum (1981). It’s notable for a few song variations, including the 1981 remix of ‘Taking Islands in Africa’ and the extended version of ‘The Art of Parties’.
Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios has created the half-speed mastered vinyl. The LPs are housed in a gatefold sleeve with printed inner bags, a print of the band, the all important Abbey Road half-speed master certificate, and a cover-empathetic obi strip.
Exorcising Ghosts is released on 7 October 2022 via UMC/EMI.
Compare prices and pre-order
Exorcising Ghosts [VINYL]
Exorcising Ghosts Japan / 2LP vinyl
- Methods of Dance (From Gentlemen Take Polaroids)
- Swing (From Gentlemen Take Polaroids)
- Gentlemen Take Polaroids (From Gentlemen Take Polaroids
- Quiet Life (From Quiet Life)
- A Foreign Place (From Quiet Life single)
- Nightporter (From Gentlemen Take Polaroids)
- My New Career (From Gentlemen Take Polaroids)
- The Other Side of Life (From Quiet Life)
- Visions of China (From Tin Drum)
- Taking Islands in Africa (Steve Nye Remix) (Original on Gentlemen Take Polaroids)
- Ghosts (From Tin Drum)
- Sons of Pioneers (From Tin Drum)
- Voices Raised in Welcome, Hands Held in Prayer (From Oil On Canvas)
- Life Without Buildings (From The Art of Parties Single)
- Talking Drum (Edit) (Original on Tin Drum)
- The Art of Parties (12”Version) (Original on Tin Drum)
- LP 1